You are mid-to-late career with accomplishments in the business world that make you overqualified for many positions. You’re at a stage in life where some flexibility of schedule is important, and having an impact is more important that squeezing the last dollar out of every paycheck. You’ve always been good at mentoring and teaching, and while it’s been years since you’ve done them, you can T-Account with the best of them and aren’t afraid to occasionally get back in the weeds making journal entries or doing reconciliations . Most of all, you love working with smart people who are doing interesting things – but don’t really want to carry home the stress when the clock hits quitting time.
Welcome to CFO Simplified
We are a rapidly growing consulting firm offering fractional CFO services, QuickBooks file setup or bookkeeping, and executive search. We’ve been in business for 10+ years, and combined have over 75 years of CFO experience among our existing team members. We serve the needs of small to mid-sized businesses throughout the Chicagoland area from pre-revenue start-ups to $300 million annually.
You will be operating as an outsourced CFO for a company that has a need for financial structure, internal controls, cash flow management, strategic financial advice, operational improvements. We deal with all of the things that a regular CFO does, but you will be working for multiple companies at the same time, from 2 days a week to one day a month. Our CFOs have between 3 and 5 clients each, and work 3 – 4 days a week, which we consider full time. If you have experience in Manufacturing, Service Companies, Private Equity and/or Turnaround, this might be an exciting opportunity for you.
Our nascent HR department suggests the following characteristics, but is certainly not exclusive or limiting.
- Work as a CFO for small to mid-sized companies – $10 – $100 million in revenue for a minimum of 10 years.
- Work in large multi-national corporations as Finance Director, Division Controller, etc.
- Broad range of business experience including:
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Wholesale Distribution
- Service Businesses – Engineering, architecture, medical, insurance, temp staffing,
- Multi-generation family businesses
- Private Equity
- Working Knowledge with
- Microsoft Excel – including v-look-ups, pivot tables
- Financial Reporting Packages
- ERP systems – QuickBooks experience helpful
- Developing Cash Flow Forecasting models
- Developing financial models with multiple scenarios
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Business
- CPA (preferred)
We are an equal employment opportunity company. Part of our core ethos is to value leaders with extensive experience, which includes those who might be at or near retirement age, but for various reasons – aren’t quite ready to retire. After being runner up for several CFO positions late in his career, our Founder opted instead to start CFO Simplified and forgo retirement.
If you have the qualifications, live in the Chicago area, and are interested in an exciting opportunity, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .